If you got to this page using any other means than the main apply page (the
one with all the categories listed), you risk your application not making it to
the appropriate staffer. Don't rely on your memory or a bookmarked page —
we sometimes change the email accounts or the names of the categories. You might
see the form but it will send to the catch-all account and we can't tell which
categories they are supposed to go to.
Sometimes you will not see the category in the apply form, if this happens,
go back to the Categories Apply Page and click on the
link again. If you don't see the category your application WILL NOT get to the
Characters N-Z Requirements
- Please make sure you've read the
rules carefully and checked the approved
section before applying.
- If you're applying for more than one fanlisting, please use a
separate form for each fanlisting you want.
- If the fanlisting you want fits into more than one category,
please apply in both categories. Please check the rules
for more information.
- You may submit only six applications at a time for all
categories. If you have already sent in six applications in any of the
categories on this network, you may not apply again until they are either
approved or rejected. If you already have six fanlistings on upcoming, there
is no point in applying because you cannot be approved for anything further.
- Apply here for characters from series whose Japanese title begins with a letter between N-Z.
- All Character applications MUST include the full Japanese title of the series in which the character appears, listed in the Subcategory field of the application. If you do not include the series in which the character appears in your application, it will be rejected and returned to you.
- All Character applications MUST include the full original (Japanese) name of the character (i.e., Rurouni Kenshin: Himura Kenshin). Names must be written surname first. If the character has a Western name or if their name is always written Western style in the original Japanese series, then use the surname, first name format (e.g., Weiss Kreuz: Crawford, Brad; Shin Kidou Senki Gundam W (Gundam Wing): Yuy, Heero).
- We DO NOT approve applications for a certain 'version' of a character, such as the demon, vampire, evil, psychic, good, bad, evil, enchanted, ghost, or otherwise 'alternate persona' of a character.
- Character Groups will only be considered if they fit the following criteria. Any application that does not follow the below guidelines will be immediately disregarded.
- Series: Characters Of, Series: Female Characters of, Bishounen Characters, Chibi Characters or any other application of this nature will NOT be accepted. Do not send them in.
- Character groups will only be considered if the group cannot be broken down into single characters or if they are part of a defined unit that is officially recognized, has voluntary membership, and whose members remain relatively consistent.
- Example: Sports Teams or Music groups (e.g. S-Oke Orchestra from Nodame Cantabile or Higa Chuugaku Tennis Club from Tennis no Oujisama (Prince of Tennis)) would be acceptable.
- Example: Defined units officially recognized (e.g. Order of the Black Knights from Code Geass or Bad Luck from Gravitation) would be acceptable.
- Example: Non-voluntary membership, broken down into individual listings (e.g. Outer Senshi of Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon or Vizards of Bleach) would NOT be acceptable.
- Example: Unofficial, varied membership (e.g. Team Kakashi/Yamato & Team Hebi/Hawk of Naruto or Night Class of Vampire Knight) would NOT be acceptable.
- Family groups and types of characters (vampires, shinigami, etc.) will NOT be accepted and should not be applied for.
- If a group is specifically named, it can be considered for approval, but will be evaluated/discussed before a final decision is reached by the category staffer.
- Characters by Sanrio, San-X, and other mascot characters should be applied for at The Fanlistings Network.
- Character abilities, skills, powers, etc. are NOT approvable subjects.
- In addition to the rules above, please make sure you are familiar with the special Application Procedures for this category. These procedures cover cut-off deadlines for applying and timelines for when fanlistings will be approved.
- Please do not reapply if you haven't heard back regarding an application. There is typically an applications update once every month, but those updates do not include fanlistings that have been removed/closed for less than one month. If you are unsure if I have your application for a fanlisting please feel free to submit a contact form or ask about it at our message board and we would be happy to confirm that we have it.
- PLEASE make sure you carefully fill out the application below, making sure to fill in all the fields. Also please note that the field for "your website" is asking for a website sample of your work and NOT for the completed fanlisting you are applying for. Fanlistings should not be built until AFTER they are approved and we HIGHLY suggest all applicants abide by this.
All applications which do not include the required information or which otherwise break these rules will be unceremoniously rejected.